Thursday, February 17, 2011

why I've been quiet(er)...

I thought about writing many times. But I didn't.

So here I am, making myself write (or should I say, right?). Either way, it's kind of like making yourself exercise after you've been away for a while; you know you don't want to start moving, but once you do you feel better.

One of the reasons I haven't written as much is because what the Lord has been showing me. Now most of the times, I would share it. But in these moments I've been experiencing, I've felt the need to sit quietly and intimately with my God, understanding that His hand is at work... moving all around me, lining things up so that I can sit in His presence and remember just how great my God is and how small my view of Him is in comparison.

When our team was in Haiti, I heard a song, called "You Won't Relent" by Misty Edwards. I remember hearing some of the students sing this song first at our house and then a few more times throughout our trip. By the last day as they were singing I had picked up the words but couldn't bring myself to singing them.

You won't relent
Until You have it all
My heart is Yours

I'll set You as a seal upon my heart
As a seal upon my arm
For there is love that is as strong as death
Jealousy demanding as the grave
And many waters cannot quench this love

Come be the fire inside of me
Come be the flame upon my heart
Come be the fire inside of me
Until You and I are one

Have it ALL. Whew. That's alot. Have I been giving Him my all? No. Not even close. Am I really ready to give Him... ALL? As I found myself struggling, I was reminded of the words just prior to that: He won't relent. My God loves me so much, that He will not let me go through life truly feeling complete, when I am lacking so much without Him.

You haven't relented until You had it all from me; thank you, dear Jesus, my heart is Yours.

No comments: