Monday, September 8, 2008

let patience have her perfect work...

James 1

2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;

3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire,

wanting nothing.

5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

I need wisdom right now (actually, always... but you now what I mean). I have trouble with discernment and hearing the Lord's voice. Ever been in one of those situations where you feel that the Lord is leading in a certain way? How do you know it is Him leading and not yourself? I'm reminded that I must draw near to Him, so I can hear that still small voice that He often uses.

I read this quote the other day: "Rainbows are made up of sunlight and rain". I want to be grateful for the rain.

2 comments:

Hannah Akers said...

i know what you mean...it's so easy to be caught up in what you think God wants from you. i'll be praying for you today.

Gina said...

Patience sure is working in me as I wait for a new post.