Sunday, August 2, 2009

why yes, I'll be out of town... on business.

The last time I wrote, I was tired and weary of looking at the computer. To be honest, that's one reason I haven't really written in awhile. I have been spending more time looking and working on a computer at work so sitting and writing on a computer sounded a little less than exciting.

But I have good news to report! The big project is finished! WOO-HOO! It took about a week total and that was with lots of interruptions and of course doing all the other things that my job requires. I am proud of myself for taking ownership of a big project at work and doing it from start to finish. To continue learning more and to really maximize our new database, I am flying out to tomorrow for a Tuesday/Wednesday training! Luckily for me, it's in a place that I've never visited which means new adventures and a dear friend (who happens to be getting married 20 days from today!) currently lives there! So here I am, finding myself at another "grown up" moment... going on my first business trip and spending time with a friend who is about to start a new life in a new place. It's fun growing up, seeing and experiencing new things!

here are some pictures of me and that dear friend I will see soon...
I can't believe these pictures were taken 3 years ago!
at the staff party
at a Sunday orientation...
I'm suggesting she wear a red hat like this instead of a veil on her wedding day...
what do you think?

No comments: