Thursday, March 8, 2012

I can't move my legs...

This week I decided it was finally time to get back into the gym.  After a month and a half of using the "I just had minor surgery" excuse, I decided it was time to get back.

So you want to hear the sad part... the way I convinced myself to go? I rewarded myself with a hot gym shower post-workout.

Whatever it takes, right?

Last year we had our bathroom renovated and ever since then, our hot water heater and I have not been friends. It neverrrrr gets really hot which can be really frustrating. I know, I know... #FirstWorldProblem

So while I pushed myself on the treadmill and a little medicine ball action, I kept telling myself, "this is good for you... you ARE having fun... HOT SHOWER, HOT SHOWER, HOT SHOWER!" And then I finally made it to the shower I had been dreaming of.  And it was miserable. A hot shower after an afternoon workout? Gross.

And now I'm left with no motivators (other than all the super-fit pictures of women floating around pinterest) and two very sore legs and abs.

And of course, this picture...


Because we all know we look that good while we're running.

No comments: