Friday, July 25, 2008

all-lll byyyy my-se-ye-lf =)

You remember that song?  To be quite honest I don't know (or care) who sings it, and its probably talking about a lack of a significant other... well, you are in luck, because this is not what this post is about=)

I am home alone for the next week of my life.  

Now, to some of you, you might not think this is a big deal.  But to me, one who grew up with six siblings and two parents (+ frequent random visitors) all in the same house until I was seven, this is huge.  I have stayed alone many a time, but this house is kind of creepy when you are all alone.  I have to go grocery shopping in the morning... any suggestions of good things to make for one person?  I'm thinking lots of fruits and veggies...

      *** as I type this I just heard the dogs barking outside and what sounded like someone        coming up my back porch. if you are reading this though, i've probably made it out alive.

In other news, I found out I get to help out with Olympics at Carlyle Place.  It was quite amusing reading the list of activities for the said Olympics--just to name a few: croquet, table tennis, poker, billiards and my favorite, checkers.  When did checkers qualify as being an Olympic event?  When you move into a retirement community. That's when.  

1 comment:

Rodney Queen said...

I miss my bright and cheery Rachel. I'll see you soon.
Dad