Friday, October 24, 2008

relief.

For the past couple of months, I've had something that has been bothering me.  I am not a confrontational person.  I don't like making someone feel uncomfortable and I hate the idea of hurting someone.  But with that comes alot of personal grief and frustration (not to mention, being taken advantage of).  

So today, I finally said what was bothering me to someone.  And it feels so much better.  The thing is though, I knew all along that it would make me feel better if I got it off my chest.  But I could never bring myself to it.  What I want to know is, is how do others face confrontation?  Do they cower away like i so often do?  I'm sure its not just me out there that feels this way.

Speaking of relief, there is one thing I am not so relieved about.  The upcoming elections.  Is anyone else fearful of where/how our nation could end up?  My hand is raised.  There is so much information out right now.  It's crazy.  And the more I read, the more fearful I become.  One thing is for sure though, EVERYONE SHOULD VOTE!  Don't waste your chance to speak up this election year.  

Tomorrow, I have to be up super early to be at the Alzheimer's Walk.  Carlyle was/is one of the top sponsors this year thanks to all the staff and residents hard work.  There is one resident in particular that helped with many of our trivia fundraisers.  I found out today at lunch that she passed away this morning.  She was always (up until her final day!) so involved in things in our community.  Even yesterday I saw her up in our offices and I said hello, never knowing that would be the last time I saw her.  My prayers and thoughts are with her family.  I was  blessed to know her and be around her influence in our community.  She will be missed. 

No comments: