Sunday, March 15, 2009

crazy week, faithful God

So in my last post, I said I would let you know if I like lacrosse.

Well, I do.

Last Sunday, on my way back from West Virginia, I had made a little detour to Virginia Tech. I have a friend who plays lacrosse there. After having lunch with Megan, Timmy and Heather, we made our way over to the school to surprise my lacrosse playing friend!

(edit: Let me just say, I love reunions with friends who live far away. I love seeing someone after its been awhile and feeling like I haven't missed a step in their life. It was so refreshing to see her. God knew I needed her words of encouragement in my life. There are a number of people that I know that can look at me and know exactly where I am and what is going on without saying anything- JD is one of them. I cherish those friendships so much because I know they are from the Lord. What's interesting and funny about our friendship is, we have known each other for about 5 years, but in those 5 years, we've probably only been around each other for probably 2 months total (and that might be over estimating. How incredible that our God can create a close friendship over that short amount of time!)

So back to lacrosse=) I was fortunate to watch VT and George Washington play each other on a day that had quite possibly the most perfect weather. It was be-a-ut-i-ful. So finally they began the game and 10 seconds in VT scored. haha... and really they didn't quit scoring until the game stopped. The final score was 20-10 and VT won their second game of the season! (edit: since then, they have won two more games, including a Boston College overtime win, giving them an ACC record of 1-0! I'm so proud of my little Hokie, Jacquelyn!)


So after the whirlwind weekend, I had the privilege to spend the next 7 hours and 45 minutes of my life in the car. It actually wasn't that bad of a drive. Well that is, if you don't include the DUKE loss to UNC, but let's stay positive in this post. GO DUKE... ACC CHAMPS!

So after this weekend, I made my way back to work Monday morning at 8:30 a.m. with Starbucks in tow. Believe it or not, I actually didn't feel tired at all at work this week, which I was somewhat surprised about since I had driven 1100+ miles in a matter of 60 hours. Psssh... I guess that's nothing for me.

However, that could be a different story tomorrow. This weekend I worked at a Disciple Now. We did an incredible study on the book of Hosea. I first read the book of Hosea two summers ago and have been convicted by the story ever since. So needless to say, it was a convicting weekend full of learning about our Lord.


Like I said in the title, He is a faithful God. I've had to remember that alot this past week. I'm so thankful that I have a faithful God. A faithful God who meets me where I am. So many people in the world don't have hope in anything, yet I do. I have hope that the Lord and God who created this world from nothing, does indeed have my life in control... even when it doesn't feel in control. I have faith that if I choose to continue to follow Him, He will supply everything I need. Whew... glad He has that one under control=) I'm so thankful that I have the opportunity to approach His throne. I don't have to go through someone to meet with Him or wait until He isn't busy, I just approach Him and He is there.

What a friend we have in Jesus!

No comments: