Sunday, March 22, 2009

He is working

I know the Lord is always with me. It's just not easy for me to remember that all the time. Sometimes (usually by my own choices) I feel out of touch with the Lord - distant. I continue to acknowledge Him as my Lord and Savior but don't really do much other than that. And then there are other times, where it is clear and I feel as if He is laying out a plan right in front of me, quietly saying, "Follow me here next."

I find it interesting that the second state of being is a much more exciting place yet it requires the most work. So what do I do? I usually settle for the first. The distant state. I don't know why. That's what I'm trying to figure out. I'm also re-learning that relationships aren't easy. They require honesty, continued fellowship, and work. (most of you are thinking... you're just figuring this out?! no, not just figuring it out... but having another lesson... a repeat course, if you will=)

The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD,
And He delights in his way.
Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down;
For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
Psalms 37:23-24

No comments: