Friday, January 1, 2010

happy 2010!

A new year has already arrived! Time seems to be going by so quickly, especially this last year and a half. It seems so easy, almost unavoidable, the way that time gets away from me. As I was thinking about this today it reminded me of some verses in James that I've been thinking on:

James 4 says:

7Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

13Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." 14Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.

Like James said, I don't know what is going to happen tomorrow. I do know that if my focus is where it needs to be, on the Lord, then He will be there. What better place is there to be in 2010? I look forward to seeing what He has planned for 201o.

As for New Year's Resolutions: I am resolving to be more determined and dedicated. This is a blanket resolution that applies to many areas of my life.

Determination. Dedication. This is going to be a great year!

No comments: