Wednesday, August 20, 2008

first days and peaches

I missed my first day of work today.  I woke up feeling really gross and then I thought I was going to die in the shower.  But I didn't.  I had planned on going in late, but my boss was kind and told me I should stay home.  It's good to work with someone that is understanding.  

Today is also the first day of classes at Georgia College.  This means that it is the first day in 17 years that I did not have a first day of school.  It's weird not being there but I am so thankful I don't have to start another semester of classes.  I do miss my sweet friends from college though.  Caleb also started his first day of classes today at Campbellsville.  We had a sweet time as a family sending him off, but boy, we cried alot!  It'll be weird with him not being here for the next couple of months but I am so excited for him as he starts this new part of his life.  I'll miss my brudda...  

On a much different note, someone from our church gave us some peaches that they picked last weekend and oh my goodness, they are delicious!  I'll buy peaches sometimes at the store but these are like 100 times better!  I think I'll have one now... 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember that feeling of not having school for the first time like it was yesterday. It was even weirder for me too because I was living with 3 other people that were still in school. I would go to work and they would go to class. I would come home and have nothing to do and they would have homework. (when they actually decided to do it) It's quite exciting to not have the stress of tests and projects all the time, but at the same time I miss it all so much sometimes and I would probably go back in a heart beat. Being a grown up is kind of boring. Anyway, I hope you feel better and thanks for all the comments on my blog.