Friday, August 8, 2008

reflection on a friday night...

When I think of Zen, I think of a peaceful state, like say, a Zen garden that is supposed to help calm and focus you.  Well that was until tonight when I ate at Zen and had the most ridiculous waitress.  This is the most I will talk about this "experience" because it isn't worth much more than that.  However, the sushi and the company were fabulous.  

This is not an easy part of life... but then again, what part is?  I am glad I have friends to talk with and share honestly, whether it be my struggles or fear that this life holds in front of me.  It is hard to be honest about these things but at the same time, it is so refreshing knowing someone knows how you feel and understands where you are or even aren't.  

Empty me of the selfishness inside 
Every vain ambition and the poison of my pride 
And any foolish thing my heart holds to 
Lord empty me of me so I can be filled with you. 

No comments: