Friday, January 16, 2009

change of heart

it's interesting. 

sometimes when i think i know what i want, but then let God have control and God do the leading, things turn out SO... VERY... DIFFERENTLY.  He definitely has the ability to change and shape your heart when you let Him. 

it's interesting yet, very exciting, scary and wild at the same time.  He always surprises me.  I remember my dad telling me in high school that God would never make you do something you didn't want to do.  Now by this, he didn't mean you might never have to take a leap of faith or be uncomfortable and ultimately there are things that He commands of us that we might not be 100% ok with.  But God doesn't want us to suffer or be miserable through this life.  He doesn't want us to be unhappy people, living out something only because He wants us to.  No, He wants us to be passionate about things.  Passionate about our gifts He has give us -- our jobs, our hobbies, our friends, our family.

and that's how I want to live my life.  Passionately.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are my precious and passionate, one and only. I love you Rachel.