Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Excuse me???

Have you ever had someone say something to you and you just want to laugh because of their ignorance?  

Today I went to Kinko's to get some simple labels done for a mail out we're doing for prospective buyers.  I got to the store and asked the man behind the desk all kinds of pricing and quantity questions.  After a little bit of waiting, he asked what Carlyle was.  I explained that it was a retirement community and then he said, "Do you really want to do THAT for the rest of your life?".  Maybe he meant nothing by it, I don't know.  But at this point all I could do was hold my sarcasm back and refrain from making any derogatory comment about his current employee status, so I nicely replied, "Right now this is just an temporary, but so far it has been a very rewarding and great place to work."

So remember friends and readers (all three of you), be nice to strangers and don't make rude statements about there jobs.  It's just not nice.  

Happy Hump Day!

No comments: