Monday, June 2, 2008

I'm almost a grown up...

I start my internship in a few hours.  The last piece of the puzzle in my four years of education--and it starts tomorrow. 

Whew.  

For those of you that don't know, I'm doing my internship at Carlyle Place in Macon.  Carlyle Place, you say? Yes. A retirement community. What am I going to do with a Mass Communication degree at a retirement community?  Well, I get to work with the Director of Marketing & Sales Department and couldn't be more excited.  She emailed me the other day and said I would be over "The Great Personal Treasure Project".  I have no clue what this is, but I get to work with their residents and Carlyle's advertising agency to help put it together.  I just hope this help's me practice what I've learned over the last four years and I hope to be an asset to their company.  

This is the first time I am working somewhere and don't know a single person.  I've met with my supervisor a few times but I don't even know that much about her.  It's weird to think I am about to start a two month journey and have no clue what it's going to be like.  How exciting!

One thing that isn't so exciting... our dress requirement.  Da-da-da-dum... Business Dress.  Not only will I be buying clothes to wear all summer long but I will also be buying hose to wear with my skirts.  Have you ever worn hose in Georgia during the summer?  I will let you know how that turns out.  Or now that I think about it, maybe I won't.  

I am glad God has worked out everything for this internship and has allowed me to feel good about this going into it.  

On a different note, I am also glad I have my dad. Not only is he a good father but he is a friend and a listening ear.  Thanks daddy...

No comments: