Sunday, June 1, 2008

Here we go...

It's hard to write exactly what I feel on my heart.  Not because I find it hard to express myself but more so because whatever I write, I know anyone can read.  Anyone.  But I will be honest as hard as it might be because I've learned when we are honest with each other and ourselves by sharing our experiences, struggles, and joys, it can help us and others around us grow.

So here I am.  

Six months into 2008.  My life over the past few weeks has seen many changes.  Changes that haven't been easy, changes that have been a joy to share.  Changes.  I tried preparing myself for something different from the life I have had the past four years--but  I've  realized you can't really prepare yourself for something like that. And that hasn't been an easy lesson to learn. 

It's been a transition coming home.  From having an apartment full of things to a shared room and nowhere to put your apartment full of things, I can't say I've enjoyed all of these last 20 days.  I know that God has me here though and thankfully, He has shown me that.  But even though I know this is the road He has for me, this road is not always easy.  It requires a trust that I am unaccustomed to and requires me to give control to Him.  Completely.

I've gone from a schedule full of classes, meetings and other things to keep me and preoccupied to anticipation of the unknown.  I've gone from people surrounding me to figuring out where I fit in.  On top of all of this, for the past two summers, I've been able to escape to a place where I found encouragement, strength through hard times, strong friendships, and the love of Christ surrounding me for 2 solid months.  I won't have that this summer, well, at least in the form of camp.  

I've spent the last four Saturday's at my graduation, moving out of my apartment and watching friends make lifelong commitments to others.  I have been blessed to be a part of two these dear friends weddings.  Yesterday, my roommate for the past two years got a new roommate--a husband.  Lucky for her, he is the one God created for her and a much better cook than I am. 

God continues to show Himself to me through all that is going on.  The passage we studied this morning at church was something I've been thinking alot about lately. It says,  "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot expressAnd he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will. And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:26-28

In two days, I start my life in the real world.  I'll let you know how real I feel it is later.  For now, it's more unpacking.  Where I will put the stuff I unpack, I do not know.  I am just thankful that I have a place to rest and a God that is on my side gives me peace about this life He has for me.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello!

I just wanted to say thank you, I feel so honored that you've added me to your blogroll! :)

Your blog is beautifully written - I look forward to reading more, you seem like such a "real" person, and it's hard to find that these days...I wish you the best of luck in all you do!

Life is crazy...it flies so fast, and one day we wake up and realize we are "grown ups". It's crazy, I still feel as though I'm 19, even though next year I'll be turning "twenty-ten". Anyhow, take care & enjoy the ride!

God Bless!
-Jaime :)