Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I feel old...

I think the whole routine of waking up early and going to bed semi-early is starting to sink in, which of course, I don't know for sure is a good thing.

I got offered a job today.  It's actually the second time my internship supervisor has told me about the position and asked if I was interested after my internship finishes up.  I told her I would look at the job description and see if it something I would be interesting in doing.  I am excited to know that my boss thinks I am doing a good work and ready for a "real" job.  It's weird though, a few months ago whenever I told someone I didn't know what I was doing in the fall, they gave me this look of horror and suggested I figure it all out.  But I knew freaking out about my future plans would not help me find a job any quicker and I am glad I didn't waste time and thought worrying.  

One thing I don't like about growing up is letting go of things that you've been apart of.  For the last two years, I got to work at one of the most rewarding places.  This is the first summer I am not working at camp and these last few weeks have been difficult.  I miss not being surrounded by people that all have the same purpose: to share the love of Christ to each and every boy and girl that comes into camp.  I miss the sweet fellowship.  I miss the fun.  I miss wearing my bathing suit for 12 hours a day.  I miss being on the boats.  I miss Wednesday sailboat races.  I miss my friends.  I miss the humble heart that camp gives me.  I miss cornhole.  I miss worshipping the Lord with over 100 kids each night and hearing the Truth simply presented.  I miss camps thunderstorms.  I miss snackshop and the weight it makes me gain.  Not really.  I miss orientation and dressing up like Hanson.  I miss seeing everyone smile their tired smiles and through it all seeing God's grace in their eyes. And while I miss all of this, I am so so so very thankful for the time God allowed me to be at Wabananananananana. And I honestly, don't think my time is done there.  So if you were at that special place on the bay, don't forget about me.

Okay... I am off to bed.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you should totally ask for that old man's number then I can us my $22 to chauffeur you two around